Poquoson Construction, LLC announces the 2nd Annual “Pink Ribbon Award” Contest
Submit your entry today for a chance to win a $1,500 Home Renovation Makeover.
As many of you may know, October is national Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You may know this because you yourself are a Breast Cancer fighter and/or survivor or you’ve had a loved one battle this disease.
During the month of October we are reaching out to the Hampton Roads community and asking for your stories of a Breast Cancer fighter/survivor you know and would like to honor with a reward of a Home Renovation Makeover valued at up $1,500. Please send us an email at email@example.com and include the following information:
1. Your name:
2. Your contact phone #:
3. The name of your recommendation:
4. The City/County your recommendation lives in:
5. The Month/Year they were diagnosed:
6. Have you obtained their permission to enter their name and story?: (Yes/No)
7. Narrative: (Please provide as much detail about your candidate such as what they experienced from diagnosis thru recovery, how they handled it, their family situation, what they’ve done since recovering and why you feel they are most deserving of this award.)
8. Possible Renovation Needs: Please provide us some ideas of what work they could use done around the house. (i.e. The bathroom needs renovating because it has faulty plumbing, they could use a new back deck to relax on, etc.)
Submissions will be accepted beginning October 1, 2011 at 00:01am thru October 31, 2011 up to 11:59pm. Poquoson Construction, LLC will not attempt to make any contact with your candidate without your support and knowledge. We respect the privacy of Breast Cancer survivors and do not wish to cause them any unnecessary stress. For this we ask that you notify them in advance that you have submitted their name and obtain their permission to do so. The winner will be announced on Sunday November 13, 2011 via our website, social media sites, newspaper and/or local media outlets.
The recipient of the 2010 Pink Ribbon Award was Rhonda Greene of Newport News. Mrs. Greene continues her efforts as a breast cancer survivor by providing rehabilitative & preventative training and education via her wellness & fitness studio, Body-In-Balance, which she owns and operates on Warwick Blvd in Newport News. www.bodyinbalance757.com
Poquoson Construction, LLC reserves the right to schedule the work awarded to the winner at a time convenient to their business needs; however has all intentions of providing immediate availability and access to our entire resources. Poquoson Construction, LLC will work closely with the winner to identify their desired home renovation needs and fit them into the awarded budget of $1,500 without sacrificing quality, craftsmanship or safety. Immediate family members or friends of Poquoson Construction, LLC or its subcontractors or suppliers are ineligible to receive this reward. Poquoson Construction, LLC reserves the right to use the name, story and before/after project images of the winner for print purposes but will not release address or contact information to the public at any time. The winner will be chosen by a diverse panel and judged on no set criteria other than most deserving. All Breast Cancer fighters/survivors deserve equal recognition and respect, regrettably however we can only select one.